I have finally gotten back to my geometric collage, after two weeks of hemming and hawing, and completed it. Here is a brief recap:
I painted rectangular tiles with watercolor, and then added triangles by layering color.
Next I used gouache to add details. Then I placed both opaque and transparent hand-made papers in strategic locations (OK, some of them are covering mistakes >_<).
I added more detail with Prismacolor pencil. Finally I attached the papers with clear acrylic medium, and used the acrylic to finish the entire surface. This was tricky, because the darker pencil and paint pigments tend to smear.
My goal was to create a dynamic and somewhat organic geometric facade with depth. The texture of the papers adds some interest. After this project, I’m ready to move on to a landscape!