Yesterday I began my history of pear obsession with a listing of my Works of Pear. Today I continue with my first pear project.
You may recall it was a drypoint print. I made an edition of eleven. Here are two of them, which I trimmed to send off to the 6x6x2012 project I mentioned previously.
My class instructor was somewhat non-traditional. When we prepared the paper for printing, we could soak it in tea or coffee, and scrunch it. The effects are distinctive. Also, instead of wiping the ink off of the plate so that only the engraved portions printed, we left smears.
So my edition isn’t strictly an edition. It is a series of monoprints, because of the different colors of ink and techniques of preparing the paper and applying the ink to the plate that I used with the same image. It was a fun project!